Castle of Curses - demo update!
Since finishing the inital game demo for school back in 2016, Castle of Curses has remained mostly untouched aside from some design ideas - expanding the level numbers from four to my initial eight, mostly. It's only recently I realized that this is the best vertical slice I've got, so I've added and improved some things in order to expand its playtestability and see if I can't end up finishing this thing.
Changes in version 184.108.40.206:
- Added gamepad functionality. Tested using Xbox controller.
- Added control option to options menu, allowing for the original keyboard scheme and two gamepad schemes (one using the D-pad for movement and the other the left analog stick).
- If a gamepad control scheme is being used and the gamepad is removed, the game will automatically switch to keyboard scheme.
- Recoil from taking damage now stops horizontal movement to avoid going off the sides of the screen.
- Can now quit the game by pressing the Escape key (keyboard) or Select button (gamepads), then pressing it again when the prompt appears.
- Added healing bunkers to the Hooded Order's camp and Prankster's Domain. Pay gems to heal (15 gems per point of health) or refill subitem ammo (30 gems per point of ammo).
Get Castle of Curses: First Steps Demo
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.